Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
Apple Solution Consultants Ltd Commitment to Protect Your Privacy
Collection of Personal Data
From time to time and for the purpose of carrying on Apple Solution’s businesses and operations, including the provision of products and services to you, you may be requested to supply data that may directly or indirectly identify you or other person(s) as an individual ("Personal Data") such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Your name;
- Contact details such as email address, mailing, company address, telephone number, and fax number;
- Demographic information such as full name, gender, nationality and preferences.
Occasionally, you may need to provide Personal Data about other individuals to Apple Solution (e.g. Staff of your company). In that event, to comply with the Ordinance, you are required to have first obtained the authorization of such individuals before using, disclosing and transferring their Personal Data, including giving consent on their behalf to Apple Solution's possible use, disclosure and transfer of their Personal Data, for the purposes you would want to achieve from Apple Solution. If necessary, Apple Solution may require you to provide to Apple Solution any supporting documents which may be necessary to prove such authorization. You should also advise them that Apple Solution can be contacted for further information.
Use of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products, goods, services and support or performing transactions and administration work related to the following operations of Apple Solution:
- Apple Solution's core operations of providing IT solutions.
- Processing of your application to subscribe to Apple Solution's products and services as set out in paragraph 1;
- Conducting assessments and checks regarding eligibility for membership or services;
- Verifying your identity;
- Monitoring access to Apple Solution's premises which are not open to public;
- Matching (as defined in the Ordinance) your Personal Data with other data collected (by Apple Solution or third parties) for other purposes, in relation to, the provision of goods and services to you and/or the performance of any transactions and administration work related to Apple Solution's operations;
- Marketing and advertising of any goods and services to you by Apple Solution, such as sending you offers and promotions (please see further details in "Direct Marketing" below);
- Maintaining and developing Apple Solution's business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- Meeting any obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether compulsory or voluntary, of Apple Solution to comply with, or in connection with:
- any law, regulation, judgment, court order, sanctions regime, within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong Kong") existing currently and in the future;
- any guidelines, guidance, demand or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities within or outside Hong Kong; or
- any of Apple Solution's rules or bye-laws relating to Apple Solution's core operations.
- Complying with any obligations, requirements, policies, procedures, measures or arrangements for sharing data and information of Apple Solution and/or any other use of data and information in accordance with any programs for compliance with sanctions or prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorist financing or other unlawful activities;
- Prevention, detection or investigation of crime; and/or
- Facilitating communications between you and Apple Solution.
Apple Solution intends to use your Personal Data for direct marketing carried out by Apple Solution (or by an agent on behalf of Apple Solution), and for such purposes your Personal Data held by Apple Solution may be provided to other Apple Solution for their use for direct marketing. The intended kinds of Personal Data to be used and the intended classes of marketing subjects are specified below. However, Apple Solution may not so use or provide your Personal Data unless exempted by the Ordinance or Apple Solution has received your consent.
For the above direct marketing use, Apple Solution intends to:
- use your name, contact details and demographic information; and
- market or promote the following classes of goods, services, support and related events and activities offered or arranged by Apple Solution or Apple Solution or their respective business partners:
- catering, hospitality and entertainment; and/or
- Charitable or Non-Profit Making causes or events.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data supplied to Apple Solution will be kept confidential. However, Apple Solution may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the Personal Data was collected, provide such Personal Data to the following parties:
- any Apple Solution Entities for fulfilling the purposes for which it was collected (subject to any consent requirement relating to "Direct Marketing" above), and to Apple Solution's business partners for direct marketing use as described in "Direct Marketing" above;
- any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of Apple Solution, or jointly with Apple Solution in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
- any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to Apple Solution and has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided such person or company has a legitimate right to such information;
- Apple Solution's agents, contractors, suppliers and any third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telemarketing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to Apple Solution in connection with the operations of its business;
- government and regulatory authorities, investigative bodies and law enforcement agencies and other organizations, as required or authorized by law;
- any financial institutions, including banks, necessary to establish and support the payment of any services and facilities provided to you; and
- your authorized representatives or your legal advisers when requested by you to do so.
Apple Solution may also transfer any information it holds about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Apple Solution or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
The Personal Data that Apple Solution collects or obtains may be transferred to jurisdictions that offer lesser protection of personal data than that provided in your jurisdiction. By submitting Personal Data to Apple Solution or using any of Apple Solution's products and services, you understand and consent to such transfer.
Links to Third Party Websites
By using Apple Solution's website ("Website"), you agree that Apple Solution can store and access cookies, IP addresses and use other methods in order to collect website usage data.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites function properly, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the website owners.
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law.
Commitment to Data Security
Apple Solution is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. It uses a variety of physical, technological and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request access to Personal Data held by Apple Solution about you and to correct such data. Apple Solution may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of such data access request.
You may direct your request in writing to:
Apple Solution Consultants Ltd
Unit A, 29th Floor, TG Place
No.10 Shing Yip Street, Kwun Tong
This notice is written in English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.